Wednesdays are most people’s dreaded day of the week. The ‘midway’ point between Monday and Friday. But for as long as I can remember, Thursdays have always been the hardest day of the week for me to get through. It’s that long awaited anticipation of Friday.
So, I know ya’ll have been long awaiting, pining and longing to hear my highs and lows of this Thursday. Wait no more…
- A huge jam session to Bethel this morning. My volume was all the way up and my windows are down. You’re welcome to all the pedestrians listening to my “pretty yelling” voice.
- Sleeping in an extra 45 minutes this morning… could’ve used another 45 minutes. But nevertheless, refreshing to get a solid 8 hours and 3 minutes of sleep (thank you, FitBit).
- I wore a super cute shirt that I’ve had on hold in my closet forever! I was just waiting for the right weather. They say “seize the day”…
- Got a lot of work done today. Less for tomorrow!
- Traffic seemed to be extra-light all day which is extra-amazing and a good way to make Thursdays that much less painful.
- Coffee…and lots of it.
- I like technology when it does exactly what I think it should do. It seemed like all day my graphics computer continued to crash on me. I lost all my work and had to restart. A major bummer.
- I didn’t get my usual workout in today. Working out is such an effective stress relief so it was no bueno that I didn’t get to do that today.
- I seemed to just be dragging all day without cause because I did reach my sleep goal (thanks again, FitBit).
But no matter what my highs and lows were I still am abundantly blessed and loved madly by the creator of the universe. I see his face all throughout each step of my days. Friends, his love is loud and it is everywhere. It says in Gods’ word “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24).” Friends, every breath comes from God and is a gift! I am so thankful for every waking moment, thankful for every blessing and most of all thankful for Jesus. So even in the days that aren’t so enjoyable (Thursdays) and the days that are so enjoyable, give thanks to the Lord for each one and his amazing mercy, unfailing grace and relentless love.
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” – Psalm 118:29